Have You Been Arrested for Marijuana or Cocaine in Cleveland?
To the majority of Ohio residents, a marijuana arrest is a relatively small crime. In fact, recent polls from Cleveland NORML show that 73 percent of the state favors the legalization of marijuana, at least for medicinal purposes. Unfortunately, however, when you are faced with an Ohio drug trafficking charge, the law makes no distinction regarding the purpose of the substance. You can still be charged with a serious Cleveland drug crime for offenses related to medicinal marijuana, and punished with fines, jail time, and loss of other privileges such as your driver’s license or professional license.
Arrested for cocaine in Cleveland? Turn to an Ohio cocaine attorney
The consequences of a Cleveland cocaine arrest or a crack arrest are even more severe than for marijuana. The possession, sale, and distribution of both crack and cocaine are considered felonies, and these charges bring with them mandatory minimum jail sentences. As an example of the types of penalties these convictions bring, those charged with cocaine (as opposed to crack cocaine) possession face a:
- Fifth-degree felony for possession of 5 to 25 grams
- Fourth-degree felony for possession of 25 to 100 grams
- Third-degree felony for possession of 100 to 2,500 grams
- Second-degree felony for possession of 500 to 1,000 grams
- First-degree felony for possession of over 1,000 grams
Those charged with possession of crack cocaine face a:
- Fourth-degree felony for possession of 1 to 5 grams
- Third-degree felony for possession of 5 to 10 grams
- Second-degree felony for possession of 10 to 25 grams
- First-degree felony for possession of over 25 grams
The consequences of felony convictions in Ohio are:
- Fifth-degree: Twelve months to six years in jail, $2,500 fine
- Fourth-degree: Eighteen months to six years in jail, $5,000 fine
- Third-degree: One to five years in jail, $10,000 fine
- Second-degree: Two to eight years in jail, $15,000 fine
- First-degree: Three to ten years in jail, $20,000 fine
If you are concerned about the legal consequences of these drug-related crimes, you need a crack attorney with a proven record of getting results for clients in similar situations. You need the Law Office of Gregory S. Robey.
If you have been charged with marijuana distribution, cocaine possession, or have a cocaine arrest in Cleveland, the Cleveland criminal attorneys of the Law Office of Gregory S. Robey can help. We provide tough and vigorous advocacy to protect your rights, ensuring that they are not violated at any point in criminal justice proceedings. Whenever possible, we seek to reduce and eliminate your sentence, thereby preserving your freedom and safeguarding your future.
Contact our Cleveland drug crime attorneys
Call the Law Office of Gregory S. Robey today at 877-219-2514, or fill out our online form, if you are facing Cleveland marijuana, cocaine, or crack-related charges. All information about your case is taken very seriously and kept strictly confidential by our dedicated Ohio criminal defense lawyers.