Facing a Cleveland Drug Trafficking Charge
A Cleveland drug trafficking charge can be applied to anyone whom law enforcement suspects of selling or distributing marijuana. Regardless of the type of trafficking, being charged with marijuana, cocaine, or crack possession or distribution can cause a great deal of anxiety and stress.
The Ohio defense lawyers of the Law Office of Gregory S. Robey want to reduce that stress in any way that we can. Once you contact a Cleveland crack lawyer from our firm, you will have the peace of mind of knowing that you are in the safe, experienced hands of a professional who knows how to handle any drug charge. We work tirelessly to provide our clients with the strongest representation possible, so they can put unpleasant legal situations behind them, and continue on with their lives.
Marijuana trafficking in Cleveland
Presently, the penalties for the trafficking of marijuana are:
- A one-hundred-dollar fine for a gift of twenty grams or less (minor misdemeanor)
- Variable fines and up to eighteen months in jail for the sale or distribution of less than 200 grams (felony charges apply)
- Variable fines and up to five years in jail for the sale or distribution of 200 to 600 grams (felony charges apply)
- Variable fines and a six-month mandatory minimum sentence for the sale or distribution of more than 600 grams (felony charges apply)
Crack trafficking in Ohio
The penalties for crack trafficking in Cleveland are:
- A fifth-degree felony for the sale of 5 to 10 grams
- A fourth-degree felony for the sale of 10 to100 grams
- A third-degree felony for the sale of 100 to 500 grams
- A second-degree felony for the sale of 500 to 1000 grams
- A first-degree felony for the sale of over 1000 grams
For both a Cleveland cocaine trafficking charge and marijuana charge, the penalties become even more severe if the crime took place within 1,000 feet of a school.
Contact our Cleveland drug crime lawyers for trafficking charges
Call the Law Office of Gregory S. Robey today at 877-219-2514, or fill out our online form, if you are charged with Cleveland marijuana trafficking, Cleveland crack trafficking, or any other type of Cleveland drug trafficking. All information about your case is taken very seriously and kept strictly confidential by these dedicated Ohio criminal defense attorneys.